Introduction Nestled in the Rocky Mountains at approximately 8,200 feet above sea level, the Town of Snowmass Village is comprised of a medium density, mixed used, and transit-oriented core surrounded by suburban residential neighborhoods and open space. Over 35 miles of maintained hiking and biking trails and 150 miles of ski trails contribute to the […]Read More
A custom widget is a stand-alone web-based tool that can be embedded into GIS software. Widgets allow users to turn GIS content into dynamic web apps that can be shared on websites where the code can be installed. For example, a "Twitter map widget" would allow the creation of a heat map to show Twitter activity of users in a certain area with specific hashtags. Some examples of custom widgets developed by GTG are:
- Parcel Points- Loops through a service or group of services to update points contained within parcels with attribute information from that parcel
- Lightning Data- Uses a service provided by The Weather Company to track and plot lightning strike data in real time with date, time, location, and amplitude
- Tree Summary- Uses a tree value calculator to loop through all of the trees in an inventory and calculate the total value based on the species and DBH
- Integration Widgets- Widgets which allow the user to define queries to search the recreational layers for users in the database
- Mailing Labels- Searches for and creates a list of addresses within a user-defined area by point, line, polyline, or attribute
Click here to contact us if you'd like custom widgets for your applications.