Senior Applications Specialist
Geographic Technologies Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Applications Specialist. In this position, you will be our customers' first point of contact providing technical customer support addressing questions and issues with our GIS software products. You will have access to the latest technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft IIS and more. Additional responsibilities include assisting with internal IT issues and other technical projects as needed.
You’ll be challenged each day by researching complex database and software logic issues and running Microsoft SQL queries where needed to resolve customer issues. Responsibilities include answering customer support phone calls and emails, diagnosing and resolving software related issues, software installation, software QA testing.
The Senior Applications Specialist will install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical problems, either over the phone or face-to-face. The Senior Applications Specialist is responsible for end-user support including desktop hardware, software. Senior Applications Specialist is responsible for installing and configuration of software as well as conduct both Administrator and End-user training of software.
The candidate will work as part of the support team to coordinate the documentation and resolution of end-user requests from customers. This position will support end-users over the phone and occasionally on-site.
JOB DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft client and server operating systems
- Basic experience with Microsoft SQL Server and ability to run simple SQL queries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to interact with customers who may not be technically inclined or understand the technology. Ability to patiently work with a customer to resolve their issue.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects/support cases
- Ability to work and research independently
- Monitor progress of ongoing client inquiries until they reach resolution.
- Perform quality assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes, analyze results to ensure that software performs as required, and document outcomes.
- Prepare and deliver training on our software products to our clients
- Willingness to learn and become an expert on new systems, software, and procedures
- Must be highly productive, able to balance competing priorities and meet all established productivity measures
- Occasional Overnight Travel is Required
- 2 years of client software support experience of effectively resolving issues preferred
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
2 years of client software support experience of effectively resolving issues preferred
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
We offer an excellent base salary, comprehensive health care, dental and vision coverage, Simple IRA retirement plan, as well as additional benefits.
Salary Range: $35,000-$50,000