GIS Solutions Provider
Are you fascinated with technology and passionate about keeping up with the latest technology? A self-starter, problem solver? If you are a recent college graduate or are interested in a sales and business development position, then Geographic Technologies Group (GTG) may be a great place for you to launch your career. Put these qualities to work as a GIS Solutions Provider. GTG has been in business for 20 years serving local government organizations.
GTG is seeking driven, polished and entrepreneurial individuals to join our team and go after new and existing opportunities. This person will perform sales tasks targeting city and county governments. The ideal candidate should have experience working in GIS as well as working knowledge of Esri products. Training for specific GIS software products will be provided. Those with sales and strong communication skills, who feel it is time to explore a different aspect of GIS are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking moldable individuals to strategize and offer our solutions to our customers. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Goal oriented…you’re known for destroying your sales goals
- Persuasive…you can explain software solutions in simple terms
- Exceed sales quotas & expectations
- Build a pipeline of prospects & close deals
Job duties include:
- Contacting potential clients
- Tracking all sales opportunities
- Conduct on-line presentations/webinars,
- Conduct on-site presentations,
- Attend sales conferences
Desired Skill Set:
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, assertive, resourceful, willing to learn, and have impeccable communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Have a positive attitude, be able to adapt to a changing environment and possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Have great people skills, be intuitive, and be confident in your abilities to reach out to new business prospects via email, phone, using social media and making in person sales calls.
- Have the ability to interface with all level of customers.
- Must be a solid networker with a hunter mentality, willing to cold call when necessary while also being able to navigate an internal corporate environment.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work on multiple client projects tied to hard and fast deadlines.
- Must have a firm command and solid working knowledge of MS Office products. Power Point is a must.
- Must be extremely organized and have the ability to manage sales cycles of varying degrees while juggle multiple projects in order to meet hard deadlines.
- Solid business acumen, time & project management skills and the ability to be proactive in creating solutions to client needs.
- Must be a team player while also having the ability to work independently
Education / Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Computer Science.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Product Support or related field required.
Due to the wide range of skills required, there are many paths of entry to a job in sales. A bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, GIS, or information systems is desired. A strong background in supporting customers, Esri based GIS software, ArcGIS Server, and general computing is needed. A combination of experience and education will be analyzed.
The ability to perform some GIS work is desired. Must have superb people skills. Excellent written and verbal skills are mandatory. Overnight travel is required. Benefits include a base salary plus an aggressive sales commission, health insurance, retirement, paid vacation and sick leave.
$35,000 - $42,500 plus aggressive commission package
GTG offers the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of Gym membership
- Short and Long-term disability benefits
- Simple IRA– Company match
- 9 Paid Holidays
- 2 weeks each Vacation and Sick time